On this episode, Mary is interviewing Dr. Julia Sadusky on mental health and loneliness. Dr. Sadusky has worked with Mark Yarhouse on multiple books and projects related to sexual orientation and gender identity. She did her disseration on loneliness in the lives of celibate gay Christians. Dr. Sadusky is sharing with us some of the results of her work as well as advice for Side B Christians who want to improve their mental health.
If you want to contact Dr. Julia Sadusky, you can email her at email@example.com.
Publications mentioned in the episode:
- The summary of Dr. Sadusky’s dissertation research on Spiritual Friendships can be found here.
- “Approaching Gender Dysphoria” (Grove Ethics) can be purchased on Amazon here.
- “Understanding Transgender Identities: Four Views” (Baker Academic) can be purchased on Amazon here.
- “A Christian View of Sex Reassignment Surgery and Hormone Therapy” (The Center for Faith, Sexuality and Gender) – https://centerforfaith.com/blog/how-should-christians-respond-to-sex-reassignment-surgery-and-hormone-therapy
- Her upcoming book, “Emerging Gender Identities”, releases August 18th, 2020. You can purchase it at here.
As discussed in the episode, if you are having suicidal thoughts, make sure to contact your therapist or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800-273-8255) or the Trevor Project (866-488-7386).
Here is a list of some LGBT+ Side B friendly counseling services that might be helpful for anyone single or married in need of counseling. As we said in the episode, make sure you find a counselor that is right for you and that you feel comfortable with.
- Global Counseling Network – www.globalcounselingnetwork.com
- New Hope Counseling Center – www.newhopecounseling.com
- Hopewell Counseling – www.hopewellmin.org
- Arrow Advising – www.arrowheadadvising.com
- Henegar Counseling Center – henegarcc.com
- E91 Counseling Center – https://www.east91st.org/ministries/counseling/
- Caring Well Counseling – https://caringwell.net/